Thursday, March 17, 2005

Indeed I am

I took Bean out to dinner for her birthday last night. It just so happened that, shortly before we left, my grandmother called to wish the baby a happy birthday. We haven't seen them in a while, so I invited them to come with us.

We had a lovely time. Grampa was a tiny bit cranky, but that's perfectly normal for him, bless his New England Yankee soul. Gramma was proud and happy to be with her (great) granddaughters. About mid-way through the meal, the waitress came up to check on us and casually asked about our relationship:

"Are these your parents?" she asked me.

"No," I told her, "they're my grandparents."

"Wow," she said. "You're lucky to have them."

Lady, you have NO idea.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kizz said...

"Yes, they're my parents, they had me when they were 62, I'm a frigging science experiment!"

And yes, way lucky to have them.

Well written, too.

Happy Birthday Bean!

3/17/2005 2:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home