Monday, February 28, 2005

My not-so-beautiful laundrette

I'm looking for some help about laundry detergent. I, apparently, have toxic sweat. It stains, it stinks, it clings like some sort of marsupial. I've found that I can conquer the pee-yew by washing things twice or with a pre-wash of Shout. Is this too much information about me yet? I'd like to find a detergent that would do the whole job in one washing by itself. Anyone have any ideas? Right now I'm using ALL, the version in the white jug.

Thanks!

2 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. Chili said...

I use - and like - Tide with bleach alternative in the "clean breeze" scent. I find, though, that a LOT of pretty-stinky can be achieved with the addition of a drier sheet. I think I use the Downy with the same "clean breeze" smell that's in the detergent. Just as an aside, tossing a drier sheet in stale places makes a HUGE difference. There's one in my linen closet, one under the seat of my car, one behind the downstairs bathroom door to combat litter-box smells - they truly are a gift from the gods, those drier sheets. Good luck!

3/01/2005 1:57 PM  
Blogger Kizz said...

I like the dryer sheets in the closets too. Use them everywhere and it's perfect!
Right now I've got a washing machine in my apartment but not a dryer so I'm air drying. It helps hydrate my SUPER dry apartment and it's cheaper and easier. The dryers in the laundry room downstairs you have to stand by and pump a quarter in every 6 minutes. Stupid!
I'll try the Tide, probably bleach or its alternative is what I need.

3/02/2005 1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home