Wednesday, February 16, 2005

I did it!

Ladies,

I quit my job.

YAY!

The free feeling is just setting in and I'm having a little too much fun telling everyone that I'm going. It's like a prison release date. Mark the date, February 25 is my last day.

For those of you wondering what the hell is wrong with me, like my mother is, I've got another support job that I'll start on March 7. It's 4 days a week from 9 to 5. A reduction of 10.5 hours over the course of the week and it frees up a week day for me to both market and perform my Shakespeare.

So relieved I can't even express it fully.

4 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. Chili said...

To the extent that I receive information from the Universe....this feels like the right thing for you. I've known, for a long time, how unhappy you've been in your job, and I'm so glad to see that you've made the big - and scary - step toward supporting yourself with your art. I'm SO proud of you, and stand at the ready to do ANYTHING that will further you to that goal. You GO, Girlfriend!

2/16/2005 7:06 PM  
Blogger JRH said...

As I just expressed in my email to you, I am thrilled for you. As someone who quit her job last year, before having a new one to fall back on -- may you be as content this time next year as I am now.

2/21/2005 11:18 AM  
Blogger Kizz said...

J, as you just expressed in your e-mail you've been working 10 hour days and been "getting (your) ass kicked by the world in general". Have you become masochistic? Is this how I'm supposed to be happy in a year? :)

Thanks for the well wishes. I'm excited. Alternately a little scared but also excited.

2/21/2005 11:33 AM  
Blogger JRH said...

Oh, must clarify. I am very happy with my work choices. Wouldn't go back to VCU for anything. And I liked it there.

The ass kicking is an aside.

2/23/2005 9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home