Tuesday, April 05, 2005

It's Only ONE Hour...

How is it that adjusting the clocks one measly hour can so effectively mess with my life? I was all excited this year because, for about two weeks before the clocks changed, I had begun spontaneously waking an hour early. For no discernable reason - BING - I'm awake at six and I'm thinking "GREAT! Because in a couple of weeks, six will be seven and I'll have to be up anyway." Well, now six IS seven and I'm still having to DRAG my ass out of bed (and let's not talk about the two small people it is my job to roust and get moving in the morning....). What's this whole "daylight savings" thing about, anyway, and why has no one really questioned whether we still ought to do it? Can't we just adjust the clocks a half an hour and LEAVE them there all year??

I'm sorry I'm whining. I'm tired...

1 Comments:

Blogger Kizz said...

But it turns out that things could be worse. I saw a story on CBS Sunday this morning about a town that straddles the line between Ohio and Indiana. Indiana doesn't observe daylight savings time. Some parts of town are on OH time, some on IN time. Which time they observe does not necessarily correspond to which state they legally inhabit. There is a FAMILY where the kids are on OH time because that's what the school operates on and mom is on IN time because her job is on IN time (although it's in OH). There are 2 clocks in the house, the teenager wears 2 watches. When asked what time it was in their house he grumbled, "Depends who you ask." One older resident grumped, "I've never touched my clock and I don't have any interest in starting." My question would have been, and how is negotiating personal time quirks with the entire town for 6 months out of every year easier than changing your clocks twice?

4/10/2005 5:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home