Thursday, June 09, 2005

It Ain't Gonna Happen....

....but I REALLY appreciate the sentiment.

I asked my cooperating teacher yesterday how she thought my next year might go. She told me that she foresaw me sitting in on the first week or so of her two English classes, then having me take over. Note the plural of the noun. This is in addition to the at least one Hearing class that I'm guessing UNH will require I take. That's one class short of a "real" teacher's work load, and I'm pretty sure it ain't gonna happen. UNH has rules about such things.

Anyway, the point of this story is the exchange between RC and me. It went something like this:

Me: So, RC, what do you see me doing next year?
RC: Well, you'll watch me for a few weeks, then you'll take one day a week, then two, and so on until you've got control of the classes.
Me: Sorry? Classes? Plural?
RC: Yeah. I've got two English classes next year.
Me: You know that UNH will probably want me to take a Hearing class too, right?
RC: I'm sure that LO will be happy to give you one of hers.
Me: Ok, that's THREE classes.
RC; So?
Me: (incredulously) Ok. You're going to have to hold me up, you know...
RC: Um, no, I don't think so. I think I'm going to spend most of my time holding you BACK.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home